PART 1: FOSTER HOME AGREEMENT
- Love to Live Animal Rescue (LTL) agrees to allow the Foster to act as a foster home under LTL’s animal shelter license issued by the NJ Department of Agriculture. Foster is hereby granted temporary possession of any animals that are placed as a foster animal with Foster. All animals remain the property of LTL and as such, must be returned to LTL upon request.
- No animal will be removed from or returned to the LTL animal shelter without authorization from a duly authorized agent of LTL.
- Foster home will not accept or take possession of any stray or abandoned animals without authorization from LTL or from a duly authorized agent of LTL, unless foster home is willing to accept the financial responsibility of such stray and Foster understands that LTL in not responsible for the care of this stray in any form or fashion.
- Foster home agrees to periodic inspections by LTL personnel and the Department of Agriculture for the State of New Jersey.
- LTL will furnish a copy of LTL’s animal shelter license for display at the foster home. Foster is only authorized to use this license for the purpose of fostering animals placed into the care of Foster by LTL and for no other purpose. This license shall not be used to house or take possession of stray or abandoned animals.
- LTL will make best efforts to furnish healthy animals for fostering to include current rabies vaccination if required. This does not prohibit the fostering of an animal for rehabilitation purposes.
- Foster home, the actual abode or premises and all surrounding property, structures and all enclosures must be kept in good state of repair at all times and kept in suitable condition for animals. Foster shall not cause or maintain any condition on the Foster’s property that presents any danger to the animal placed in the care of Foster.
Each building housing animals will have a fully functioning fire extinguisher. (Optional fire or smoke detector.)
All enclosures (i.e., kennels, runs, pens) will be cleaned daily and as often as needed during the day to prevent odors and the threat of disease to any of the animal(s) placed in the care of Foster.
All enclosures will be disinfected weekly and as often as needed to prevent disease.
Temperature in indoor housing areas should be maintained between 45 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
Housing areas should be well ventilated to provide fresh air and to minimize odors and moisture.
All animals must have fresh water daily and checked during the day.
Medical treatment must be provided when needed.
Foster shall only use LTL approved practitioners of animal medical care for any and all medical treatment for any foster animals in Foster’s care. Should an emergency present which precludes Foster from using a LTL approved medical facility, then, Foster shall obtain LTL approval of using a medical animal facility outside of the approved ones. If circumstances are such that pre-approval is impractical, then, Foster, as soon as circumstances permit, notify LTL of the situation with the animal. Once the animal is stabilized, Foster will take immediate steps to present the animal to a LTL approved facility and shall have all medical records forwarded to that facility. The current approved medical facilities are Vorhees Corner Veterinary Clinic, 332 Route 202, Flemington NJ 08822, 906-806-2783.
Foster animals being housed outdoors are required to have appropriate shelter and adequate enclosures.
No foster animal will be held by means of tethering.
PART 2: RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Whereas, Love to Live Animal Rescue (“LTL”) is a non- profit no kill animal rescue agency;
Whereas, Foster is desirous of volunteering with LTL in order to aid in the furtherance of the goals of LTL in working with abandoned/neglected/abused domestic animals (“Rescued Animal”);
Whereas, the operation of LTL is to accept Rescued Animal from individuals and organizations in order to provide aid and comfort to these animals so that the animal can be placed for adoption into a suitable environment;
Whereas, each of the animals that LTL accepts has its own unique history and personality such that LTL cannot or does not know the temperament and disposition of each Rescued Animal that LTL accepts; and,
Whereas, Foster understands and acknowledges that certain Rescued Animals may be prone to violence or that certain animals may, for no apparent, reason, be capable of inflicting injury on a human, another animal or itself.
NOW, THEREFORE, for and in consideration of the above-stated premises, and other good and valuable considerations, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, and the mutual promises and undertakings of the parties as are hereinafter set forth, LTL and Foster do agree as follows, on behalf of themselves and their personal representatives, next of kin, heirs and assigns:
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK
Foster agrees, acknowledges and understands that most, if not all of the animals and/or domestic pets, may have been rescued from a garbage dump, roadside, abandoned building, and/or other circumstances, and that the Rescue Animal may have suffered severe neglect, abuse and/or abandonment prior to rescue, Foster will be exposed to the following inherent risks:
- Loss or damage of or to personal property resulting from the Rescue Animal;
- Any manner of injury resulting from the Rescue Animal;
- Any injury or illness resulting from contact with the Rescue Animal;
- Any communicable disease resulting from contact with the Rescue Animal;
- Any injury resulting from the Rescue Animal, including but not limited to, animal bites.
I freely accept and fully assume all such risks, damages and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting therefrom.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of my volunteering with LTL and with the understanding of the inherent risks of working with Rescued Animals, I agree as follows:
- TO RELEASE LTL, its officers, directors, shareholder and agents from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer caused by the Rescue Animal due to any cause whatsoever INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE.
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to the property of, or personal injury to, any third party caused by the Rescue Animal.
- THIS Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives in the event of my death or incapacity.
- In entering into this agreement, I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by LTL other than what is set forth in this agreement.