Can I crash on your couch for a while?
What does fostering a dog involve?
When you foster, you agree to take a homeless dog into your home and give him or her love, care and attention, either for a predetermined period of time or until the dog is adopted. Love to Live will pay for all medical expenses for the foster dog, but they must all be pre-approved.
Why do we need foster homes?
There are many reasons a dog might need foster care. Some of the most common include:
- A puppy (or litter of puppies) is too young to be adopted and needs a safe place to stay until he or she is old enough to go to a forever home.
- A pregnant mother dog needs a safe, quiet place to have her puppies and wean them.
- A dog is recovering from surgery, illness or injury and needs a safe place to recuperate.
- A dog is showing signs of stress such as pacing or hiding in the shelter.
- A dog has not lived in a home before or has not had much contact with people and needs to be socialized.
- The shelter is running out of room for adoptable dogs.
Why should I foster a dog?
Fostering a dog is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have (other than adopting, of course). By taking an animal in need temporarily into your home you’re:
- freeing up a spot so the shelter can take in another dog.
- giving your foster dog the time he needs to be ready for adoption.
- helping the shelter learn more about the dog so he can end up in the best home possible.
- socializing the dog to a home environment and possibly getting him used to being around other pets and different types of people.
Get in Touch By Phone Or email
Please allow us up to 72 hours to respond. We are an ALL VOLUNTEER organization.
P.O. Box 63, Ringoes, NJ 08551