Thank you for your kind generosity in considering a rescue shelter animal! It will take time and energy to nurture your new pet. In order to assist you in insuring its safety and well being, we urge you to review the following information. Please give your new dog/cat a week or two to settle into your home. Particular care should be exercised when letting the animal out. A newly relocated animal has no sense of home and should be kept on a leash or in a fenced-in area until this process has taken place (usually a few weeks at best). Do remember that your new pet has been, until recently, living in a kennel so home life constitutes a major adjustment on his/her part. It may not sleep through the night at first and may or may not be house trained. Other adjustment issues may present themselves if your home already has other pets. In our experience, time, love and patience will overcome most issues that arise.
Terms of Adoption
By submitting an adoption application, you consent to the following if approved for adoption:
- I agree to provide proper food, water, shelter, and kind treatment at all times.
- I agree to take the animal to a veterinarian for examination and immunizations as needed or required by law, and to procure immediate veterinary care at my own expense should the animal become ill or injured.
- I agree that the animal shall not be bred and to have this animal sterilized as required by OCGS 4-14-3 within 30 days of the maturity of the animal, and to provide proof thereof. Failure to do so is a violation of the law.
- I agree to license the animal in compliance with the current laws and ordinances of my home jurisdiction.
- I will register the animal within 30 days of this adoption if age permits.
- I agree to notify the organization if I decide that I can no longer keep or provide adequate care for the animal.
- I agree that the animal will not be used for medical or experimental purposes.
- I have read this section and understand and accept the rights and obligations herein. I understand that the organization cannot guarantee the health, temperament, or training of the animal and agree to release and forever quitclaim the organization and all personnel from any liability whatsoever.
- Remedy for noncompliance: I agree that if I do not comply with the terms of this agreement and the code/section previously cited, the organization may demand and I shall return the animal.
- I understand that the adoption donation is non-refundable, but that I may return the animal to Love to Live at any time if the animal proves to be unsuitable.
- I understand that a check fee of $25, along with the original adoption fee, will be collected for returned checks. I will also be responsible for any and all costs derived from collection of said checks.
Get in Touch By Phone Or email
Please allow us up to 72 hours to respond. We are an ALL VOLUNTEER organization.
P.O. Box 63, Ringoes, NJ 08551